Almond Raspberry Pastry Heart
SERVES: 12 COOK TIME: 30 minutes TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
3 ounce Solo Almond Paste
2 tablespoon Solo Raspberry Cake and Pastry Filling (or any other Solo flavor)
2 pastry puff sheets (thawed)
2 tablespoon brown sugar
4 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
To make this Almond Raspberry Pastry Heart recipe...
- Let puff pastry and butter thaw at room temperature for around 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk water and egg together to make an egg wash. Set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until light and fluffy (usually around two minutes). Then, mix in almond paste and vanilla until smooth.
- Unfold and then roll out puff pastry onto your cookie sheet.
- Spread a one-inch wide strip of almond paste mixture over the left third of the puff pastry, and then spread cake & pastry filling over almond paste mixture. Cut the remaining two-thirds of the puff pastry into strips towards the almond paste mixture (never separating the strips).
- Hold the edge with the almond paste mixture on it and roll over the strips you just cut to create a ridged roll.
- To form the heart shape, pinch the center of your long roll to make the point at the bottom of the heart. Curve the halves in to complete the heart shape and flatten slightly to help the pastry better retain its heart shape while it bakes.
- Brush the egg wash mixture prepared earlier over the top of the pastry.
- Bake the almond pastry heart for 10 minutes and then lower the temperature of the oven to 375º F to finish baking for another 14-16 minutes (or until golden brown)
- Top with powdered sugar, serve the almond pastry heart after letting it cool for 10 minutes, and then enjoy!