Slow Cooker Almond French Toast Casserole
SERVES: 10 COOK TIME: 4 hours TOTAL TIME: 4 hours, 10 minutes
1 loaf bread
1 can Solo Almond Cake and Pastry Filling
2 1⁄2 cup milk
1 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1⁄4 cup butter (unsalted, softened)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make this Slow Cooker Almond French Toast Casserole recipe...
- Tear off or cut small chunks of bread and place into a large mixing bowl. Once the entire loaf has been cut or torn, set bowl aside.
- Add eggs, milk and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl and whisk until blended. Pour contents over bread and use hands to ensure all bread is covered completely. Place coated bread in the refrigerator, covered, for approximately 4 hours. You can also make this portion of the recipe ahead of time by allowing it to chill overnight.
- Once chilled, add bread to a greased slow cooker. Add enough almond filling to evenly coat the top of the bread in the slow cooker, up to 1 can.
- Mix brown sugar, vanilla extract and butter in a small bowl. Crumble mixture on top of almond filling.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours, or cook on low for approximately 4 hours.
- Allow at least 20 minutes for casserole to cool. Once cooled, slice, serve and enjoy.