Gingerbread Almond Spritz Cookies
SERVES: 36 COOK TIME: 10 minutes TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
1⁄2 cup sugar
3 tablespoon Solo Almond Paste2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
2 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon gingerbread spice (ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg)
1 package sprinkles or other decoration (optional)
To make this Gingerbread Almond Spritz Cookies recipe...
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, softened butter, crumbled almond paste, and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, gingerbread spice, and baking powder. Slowly add this into the butter mixture mentioned above, and beat until fully combined.
- Once you’ve reached the desired smooth consistency for the dough, fill up your cookie press with it. Select your desired cookie press disc to create your favorite cookie shapes, and press the cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (These cookies can also be made like any other without a press.)
- Sprinkle sugar or sugar-based sprinkles (or really any decoration you’d like) onto the cookies and place them into the pre-heated oven.
- Bake the spritz cookies for about about 9 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Keep your eye on them -- they burn easily!
- Cool the spritz cookies on a rack and then enjoy!