Blueberry Muffin Top Cookies
SERVES: 36 COOK TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 60 minutes
2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup instant oats (finely ground)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
6 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 ounce Solo Almond Cake and Pastry Filling
2 cup blueberries
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon cinnamon
In order to bake this Blueberry Muffin Top Cookies recipe...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Add flour, ground oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a medium mixing bowl and whisk until ingredients are evenly blended.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, add softened butter, softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and egg. Mix with an electric mixer, on high, for 3 minutes.
- Add Solo Almond Cake and Pastry Filling to the mixture, and mix on high for an additional two minutes.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, while mixing on low. Mix until the consistency is even, but do not over-mix.
- Add blueberries, and fold into the mixture using a large spoon.
- In a small mixing bowl, add sugar, flour, softened butter, and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly until a crumbly consistency is reached.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle crumb topping onto the top of each scoop of dough.
- Bake cookies for approximately 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden in color.