Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
SERVES: COOK TIME: 2 hours TOTAL TIME: 2 hours, 10 minutes
2 cup Solo Cherry Cake and Pastry Filling
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
1 can pineapple slices (save juice for later)
1 lemon or yellow cake mix (eggs, water and vegetable oil will be used depending on brand)
To make this slow cooker pineapple upside-down cake recipe...
- Use non-stick cooking spray to spray the slow cooker liberally on the bottom and sides.
- Melt unsalted butter and add to brown sugar in a small mixing bowl. Once brown sugar is sticky, spread this mixture to coat the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In another bowl, mix cake batter, eggs and vegetable oil. Depending on the amount of water needed, substitute ½ cup of pineapple juice in place of water, and then use water to fill the rest of the needed amount. Using a lemon cake mix will give your final product a sweeter and more tropical taste. Set cake batter aside.
- Add pineapple slices to the slow cooker, on top of the brown sugar mixture. Start with round pieces, and then add in cut up pieces to fill this layer as desired.
- Add the cherry filling on top of the pineapple layer. The more cherry filling used, the sweeter the end result will be.
- Add the cake batter as the top layer, and place slow cooker on high for approximately 2 hours.
- Once cooled, flip the slow cooker base over to allow the cake to come out. Slice as desired and enjoy.