Chocolate Almond Bars
SERVES: 9 COOK TIME: 1 hour TOTAL TIME: 1 hour, 20 minutes
1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
8 ounce Solo Almond Paste (chopped)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
8 ounce cream cheese (softened)
2 tablespoon cream (or milk)
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
1⁄2 cup toasted coconut
To make this Chocolate Almond Bars recipe...
- Put the butter and almond paste in a mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Then add in the egg and sugar.
- Add the flour, salt and cocoa powder ad mix until combined.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish and spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for an hour or until the center is firm.
- While the bars are cooking, make the frosting using a large mixing bowl and an electric mixer. Beat the cream cheese, milk and almond extract until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time and mix until combined.
- When the chocolate almond bars have completely cooled, frost them and top with toasted coconut.