Mini Cherry Puff Pastries
SERVES: 6 COOK TIME: 20 minutes TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
2 can Solo Cherry Cake and Pastry Filling
2 frozen puff pastry sheets (1.1 lbs)
1 tablespoon milk
1⁄2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make this mini cherry puff pastries recipe...
- Remove frozen puff pastry sheets from the package and thaw both folded sheets for approximately 40 minutes. Unfold sheets and cut each sheet into thirds, along the creases. Set aside one third of each sheet, then cut the other two thirds of each sheet into thirds, creating a total of 12 squares. Cut each of the two 1/3 sheet sections into sixths, creating 12 small rectangles.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray non-stick spray on a 12-muffin pan (or two 6-muffin pans). Place one large pastry square in each cup of the muffin pan, then press pastry into the bottom and up the sides of the pan, allowing the corners of the pastry to stick out of the top. Place a scoop of Solo Cherry Cake and Pastry Filling on top of each pastry square. Place a small rectangle of puff pastry on top of each filled pastry, stretching it out to cover the top of the pastry, then squeeze the edges together to seal.
- Whisk one large egg in a small bowl. Using a brush, apply the egg wash to the top of each pastry. Using a fork or small knife, puncture the tops of each pastry to allow the pastries to vent while cooking.
- Place the muffin pan(s) in the preheated oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until the top of each pastry is golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack for approximately 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine confectioner’s sugar, vanilla, and milk, then whisk well. Set aside until pastries are cool. Carefully remove each pastry from the pan and place on a piece of parchment paper. Drizzle each pastry with the sugar mixture. Allow to cool completely or enjoy while warm.