Almond Bear Claws
SERVES: 6 COOK TIME: 15 TOTAL TIME: 35
2 pastry puff sheets
3 tablespoon Solo Almond Paste
2 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon butter
1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg (large)
1⁄8 cup sliced almonds
To make this Almond Bear Claws pastry recipe..
- Thaw the pastry sheet as directed on package.
- To make the filing, add almond paste, flour, sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla to a food processor and combine completely. Then add 1 of the eggs to the mixture and pulse until it’s completely combined.
- Spread the filling on the pastry sheet, leaving one half inch on each side of the rectangle.
- Place the long side of the filled puff pastry towards your body and roll it up tightly. Then pinch the edges gently to form a seal and cut into 4 inch long segments.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- With the seam down, make 4 1-inch cuts on each piece to form the claws. Curve the pieces slightly to separate the segments and place them on the parchment paper.
- In a separate small bowl, Beat the remaining egg to make an egg wash. Brush each piece with the beaten egg and place a slivered almond on to each of the 4 segments, brushing the almonds as well.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees or until golden brown.
- Cool the almond bear claw before serving and then enjoy!