Whether you are searching for wedding cake ideas or if you just want to wow your crowd at the next garden party, flower cakes are the way to go. They are pretty, delicate and have the prettiest color combos which makes flowers the perfect way to decorate your “flour” concoctions. Especially during spring, flower cakes are the answer to your creative dessert queries.
Cakes with real flowers, fondant flowers or painted flowers make any dessert a masterpiece. You can make them using your hands or different utensils like fondant smoothers, rolling pins, guide rings, frill cutters or modeling tools to help you!
Here’s a great video that describes how to use these tools to make your beautiful cakes!
Below we’ve rounded up 30 great resources for ideas, recipes and design tips that will help you create some beautifully flowered cakes this spring.
- Hummingbird High gives us Tres Leches Cake with the addition of fresh, beautiful purple flowers.
- Test out this Hydreangea Cake by I Am Baker and be amazed.
- Glorious Treats shows us how to use a classic candy to make sweet flowers with this Jelly Belly Flower Cake.
- Use marshmallow fondant to decorate your next spring-inspired flower cake!
- These cake pops by Bakerella are a great alternative to a real flower bouquet!
- Learn how to use the best buttercream for your floral cake thanks to The Blissful Table.
- Get lost in this Secret Garden Cake by The Girl Inspired!
- Mix it up with this Mixed Berry and Thyme Ice Cream Cheesecake topped with fresh flowers and berries!
- Sprinkle Bakes shows us a rose embroidery technique – such a classy take on the already classic floral cake.
- Spring flowers make this Strawberry Lemon Cake something special!
- This Cherry Bombe cake with cherry blossoms is certainly spring-y enough for any graduation or garden party!
- Cake Whiz shows us how to make Fondant Fantasy Flowers!
- Vintage flowers are always a great way to spruce up your favorite cake recipe.
- Beautiful and colorful flowers fill this cake by The Moon Blush Baker.
- Family Spice shows us how to create a White Rose Cake – just as pretty as any garden filled with flowers!
- A Triple Tier Flower Cake is another way to flower up any party or spring graduation.
- Learn how to make a creative and beautiful Flower Pot Cake from Catch My Party.
- Get funky with this Polka Dotted Flower Cake!
- Gimme Some Oven uses roses in the most beautiful way with this take on a flower cake.
- Rose Tea Cheesecake kicks any ordinary cheesecake recipe out of the park!
- Using fresh flowers and natural coloring, Twigg Studios shows us a deliciously natural way to enjoy flowers in and on our cakes!
- Learn how to make rustic buttercream sugar flowers with The Cake Blog and use them for any cake recipe.
- We had to share at least one ombre cake! Look at this Pink Ombre Rose Cake and be inspired.
- Springtime flowers made of chocolate add a certain “sweetness” to any cake!
- Learn how to pipe pretty, delicate flowers with Project Wedding.
- Using real flowers can be a bit tricky, but Amelie’s House shows us how!
- Spring is here thanks to Miss Piggy’s Cakes perfect Spring Flower Cake Tutorial.
- Paper flowers? Yep! The Cake Blog shows us how to make this cute idea come to life!
- Daisy’s are beautiful in nature, but even prettier on a cake.
- Watch how to make fast buttercream roses using a plastic bag!
Think you are ready to give these flower cakes a try? With this kind of list, how could you go wrong? Good luck and have fun making these fun and festive cakes with flowers this spring!