We’re celebrating National Ice Cream Day (July 19th) with a week filled with amazing ice cream recipes!
Summer making you want to beat the heat? We don’t blame you! What better way to cool off than with a cool ice cream treat! But instead of hauling the fam all the way to the nearest ice cream hot spot, try creating your own delicious treat at home.
One classic way to enjoy ice cream during the summer is in the form of a float. Not familiar? A float is some sort of frozen dessert like ice cream or sorbet scooped on top of a glass of a fizzy (or still) drink.
Although a root beer float (vanilla ice cream and root beer) is the most classic version, there are hundreds of ways you could change up this combo to create a delicious dessert treat. We've come up with our top 10 float recipes that we just know you will love this summer. Some are a little more conservative while others will knock you right out of your seat!
- Strawberry Ginger Coconut Ice Cream Float by Beard and Bonnet
- Orange Dreamsicle Floatini by Wine and Glue
- Goldfish Crackers Ice Cream Floats by Tonya Staab
- Cookies and Cream Iced Coffee Float by Shugary Sweets
- Strawberry Lemonade Ice Cream Float by Yellow Bliss Road
- Mini Chocolate Stout Brownie Sundae Floats by Half Baked Harvest
- Pineapple Floats by Chocolate Covered Katie
- Fresh Mint and Watermelon Soda Floats by How Sweet Eats
- Apple Pie Floats by How Does She
- Strawberry Ice Cream Sodas by Baked Bree
We hope you enjoy this delicious ice cream float recipes, especially on National Ice Cream Day! Need a little more inspiration when it comes to ice cream? Check out our awesome Pinterest board for everything ice cream!