Oatmeal Marshmallow Creme Sandwich Cookies are an incredible way to start your day!
To make the Cookies in this Oatmeal Marshmallow Creme Sandwich Cookies recipe...
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coarsely grind oats in a food processor or blender. For best results, do this in approximately three batches.
- Combine ground oats with flour, dry buttermilk, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together until well-blended.
- In a separate (large) mixing bowl, add butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar. Using an electric mixer, mix the ingredients on high for approximately three minutes. Add egg, vanilla extract and molasses, then continue mixing on high for approximately two minutes.
- Slowly add dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredient mixture while stirring with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring until all ingredients are fully incorporated and a thick dough is formed.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Form dough into small balls, approximately two tablespoons in size, and place them on the cookie sheet approximately two inches apart. Note, the cookies will spread while cooking, so be sure to leave adequate room. Flatten each dough ball so that each is the same thickness (approximately ½ inch), and make sure each flattened dough ball forms an even circle.
- Bake cookies for approximately 9-11 minutes, or until the edges begin to become golden in color.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat until all of the cookies have been cooked.
To make the Filling in this Oatmeal Marshmallow Creme Sandwich Cookies recipe...
- In a separate (medium) mixing bowl, add butter and shortening.
- Using the whisk attachment, use an electric mixer to mix on high for approximately three minutes.
- Add one jar Solo Marshmallow Crème, then mix on high for an additional two minutes.
- Add vanilla and heavy cream.
- Slowly add confectioner’s sugar while mixing on low, then return speed to high and mix for an additional two minutes.
To make this Oatmeal Marshmallow Creme Sandwich Cookie...
- Spread filling (approximately 1-3 tablespoons, depending on desired taste and consistency) onto a fully cooled cookie, and place a second cookie on top. Since the size and shape may vary slightly, for best results, try to match similar size/shape cookies for the top and bottom.