Product Date Codes
We utilize a 14 digit number code on the lid of the container for all retail products. Please note that the code on Marshmallow Creme is found on the bottom of the container.
For example, if you look at a can of Solo Apricot Filling, you will find a code printed on the top of the product that looks similar to the following:
Here is how to interpret this product code:
- The first series of 4 digits refers to the time of day the product was packaged in military time.
- 0815 indicates this product was packaged at 8:15 a.m.
- The second series of 5 digits refers to the product number.
- 00102 indicates the product as Solo Apricot Filling.
- The last series of 5 digits represents the year and day of the year the product was produced. The first 2 digits represent the year and the last 3 digits represent what day of the year the product was produced. This is known as Julian Dating.
- 08175 tells you the product was produced in 2008 on the 175th day of the year, or June 23, 2008.