After looking high and far for a simply delicious cake recipe, we decided to take to the test kitchens and try out a new recipe we’ve been working on. This is the EASIEST recipe you will find and it's so fresh and flavorful that your family won't know you only spent minutes making it!
Read on as we break down how to make this Almond Filled Cake!
- 1 store bought angel food cake
- ¼ cup Solo Almond Paste
- 2-3 Tbsp heavy cream
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- ½ tub of whipped topping
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of berries for garnish
1. Start with a store bought angel food cake and carefully cut in half horizontally.
2. With the two cake halves laid out, take one half and hollow out the center, scraping out the extra cake.
3. Set cake aside and make almond mixture by adding heavy cream to almond paste, making the mixture spreadable.
4. Spread the mixture into the hollowed out half of the cake.
4. Place slices of strawberry on top of the almond mixture and then place the other half of the cake on top.
5. Make frosting mixture by combining whipped topping and vanilla extract. Frost the entire cake with whipped topping.
6. Decorate with whole berries and enjoy!
Looking for a few variations of this recipe?
- Try adding a fruit filling to the inside of the cake for added sweetness!
- Sprinkle shaved white chocolate on top of the cake for a delicious garnish.
- Use pound cake instead of angel food cake.
We hope you and your family will enjoy this light and delicious dessert all summer long!